Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 63 - Change the Direction


"Take a look around now
Change the direction
Adjust the tuning
Try a new translation
Don't look at your man in the same old way
Take a new picture
Just because you don't see shooting stars
Doesn't mean it isn't perfect
Can't you see..."

These are lines from a Carly Simon song called "Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of".

In my opinion, it's all about wanting something new and loosing sight of the wonderful things you already have. I was chatting with a friend today when he pointed out this great situation I was in...the funny thing I wasn't seeing it that way till he told me. Suddenly I felt grateful for what I had...all it took was a change of direction to see it a new way.

Like this cotton pleated skirt and silk knit top with leather shoulders....look at it one way and it's a conservative view you've seen before...change the direction and you've got a sexy surprise you've been living with all alone....ain't life grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment