Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 69 - Happy Birthday Dad



Today is my father's birthday. I honestly can't tell you off the top of my head the day that he died… But once a year I celebrate him on this day. He was a kind wonderful man filled with laughter. Dad had the gift of making a "best friend" of every new person he met. I've been lucky enough to have been told that I have a caring heart...I owe so much of this kindness to my father... I learned through example.  

I am choosing a sketch for today based on the love his life...my mom. My parents were high school sweethearts and married for over 30 years. I like to think of mom wearing something similar to this for one if their early dates, a silk top and linen shorts, and dad looking at her and smiling, filled with love and pride.

Happy Birthday Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment