Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 83 - Those that CAN do teach


This evening I had the privilege to teach some of my friends how to draw. I told them, "you supply the food and I'll supply the lessons". It was the first time I showed you up to someone's home for dinner with an Office Depot bag rather than a bottle of wine. Needless to say we had a blast..I'm very proud of the work they did. It was such a joy watching them create something they didn't know they were capable of doing.

Now seems like a perfect time to thank and acknowledge my uncle. When I was around 11 I started sketching… I thought they were masterpieces… Not so much. My uncle is an architect and while he did not know fashion illustration per say, he did know about line and perspective. I would go visit him and sit on the floor with my sketchbook for hours, cranking out sketch after sketch after sketch. Each one he would critique… We laughed a lot! In the end, it was his generosity, knowledge and time that helped foster my talent to what it became.

I am present the fact that all the teachers in my life need to be acknowledged. Not just the formal educators, of which there were amazing ones (go Sissions!), but the people in my life as well… family and friends who've taught me the life lessons that have made me the person I am today. Thank you.

So now comes my friends favorite part of the blog...clockwise from the top left;  A black satin A-line, an simple elegant jersey knit dress, a wool-crepe princess seamed number and last but not least, a nautical inspired boat-neck frock done in viscose-rayon. You guys were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment