Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 7 - One Week and 1,000,000 Dollars



So today's blog is brought to you by my buddy and the Bare Naked Ladies. Last night my friend asked what I was going to do when I got to day 55 of this blog? My response, "Write day 56." Wisecrack comment aside, he did bring up a valid point. I mean one week is easy(ish), but after that... Where is my inspiration going to come from? 

One week…hmmmm, that makes me think of the Bare Naked Ladies song. Which in turn leads me to one of my favorite songs of theirs, "If I Had a Million Dollars".  They have a wonderful lyric that compares owning a green dress to owning a fur coat. 
"If I had a million dollars
If I had a million dollars
Well, I'd buy you a fur coat
But not a real fur coat, that's cruel.....

If I had a million dollars 
Well, I'd buy you a green dress
But not a real green dress, that's cruel"...brilliant!
This of course is based on the old wives' tale that no woman looks good in a green dress. However, I disagree...I love a good emerald frock.

Do you remember the Kiera Knightley film and how amazing she looked in that green gown? You remember the movie… It's the one where she acts all indignant and kinda slutty? Perhaps I need to narrow that down more… In any case, she was stunning.

Well, here's my take on the whole shamrock colored couture: silk faille with polished glass stones at the waist and ruby red pumps.

With that, I thank my pal, along with our musical comrades from the north and the inspiration they gave me to complete one week... Ready or not, here comes week two. Let the ideas flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment